Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Dulles Hyatt

7.5.06

Maybe real adventures never begin as cleanly as we want them to. Here are pictures of me exploring my first overnight venue since departing Dulles airport…













Don’t be fooled. Your safari-style hero smiles for the camera while exploring the Dulles Hyatt Regency (ok, not really exploring) despite his flight’s earlier cancellation: an unmoored luggage cart sailed into one of the engines during a pre-liftoff thunderstorm, tearing the casing.

On the bright side, the Hyatt was super-nice, and free. I have gotten to know some of my fellow travelers, most of whom have stayed chipper despite the delay. One nice Bethlehem-bound group even wants to connect me with clergy in the Jesus’ hometown.

Our plane is huge – a double-decker. The clouds will fear us. Biz class people sit on top, but being stuck with the ordinary folk is no curse, because we freaking rule. An indie remix of a Beatles trak from Sgt. Pepper's plays overhead while the TVs display our projectory to Frankfurt. This somehow seems noteworthy, though I couldn’t tell you why.

A few rows ahead sits my new buddy Mohammed, who has missed a day of debauchery in Cairo thanks to the delay. He is getting married there in a few days.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home